Welcome and thank you for your interest in Mystery District. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to explore DC via the tasks handed down from Headquarters. These tasks are not for the fun-hating, faint-of-heart. Here’s how it works:
- Step 01: Recruit a fellow Agent to take on a mission.
- Step 02: Take a short Survey to submit your preferences.
- Step 03: Mystery District will create a customized itinerary.
- Step 04: Follow the instructions in your itinerary in pursuit of sheer glory and adventure.
Have a question? Fill out the form below, and someone from HQ will be in touch.
- What is Mystery District? Mystery District is an adventure planning service based out of Washington, DC run by HQ and its minions. Our mission (lol) is to send you to DC’s hidden gems using the preferences submitted in your survey and contingent upon what’s available for your selected dates.
- Does Mystery District plan missions in cities outside of Washington, DC? Mystery District plans missions for the DC metro area. For missions in other cities in the United States, please submit a request via the Contact page.
- How does Mystery District plan missions? Now, that’s top secret information, Agent.
- How many Agents can I recruit for one mission? Typically we plan missions for two people, but heck, the more the merrier! Just let us know in your survey if you are requesting a mission for a group.
- I’m sensing a “spy” theme here…are we just going to the International Spy Museum? Not necessarily! Although the ISM is an interesting and fun place to go in DC, we will not be sending you exclusively on spy-themed missions.
- Is Mystery District only for couples? Nope! Mystery District is for friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, imaginary friends, furry friends, parents, grandparents, siblings, co-workers, etc.
- Can Mystery District plan a mission for a corporate event? Sure! Just submit a request via the Contact page and we’ll get it going!
- How much does this cost? You select the budget in your survey preferences. Budget ranges are low, medium, or high. As of August 1, 2017, Mystery District will charge an 18% planning service fee in addition to the cost of your date. Invoices are sent on the day of your mystery date.